The San Diego CIF Section has canceled the playoffs and championships for the sports that are scheduled to be played in Season 1 of the 2020-2021 Section high school sports calendar, per a post Friday. The announcement covers football, the joy of competition, women’s volleyball, field hockey and roller hockey. These sports will now only have regular season events /games if they are allowed to be played in the coming months.
The San Diego chapter will look to host cross country championships as well as swimming and diving. The cross country championships are scheduled for March 27, while the swimming and diving championships are to be determined.
The State and Regional Championships have already been canceled for Season 1 by the CIF State Office. Games/ events in these sports can now be played until the dates on which the regional and national championships would have taken place (see below).
- Badminton – To be determined
- Competitive Cheer – April 3
- Cross Country – March 27
- Field Hockey – March 20
- Football – April 17
- Women’s volleyball – March 20
- Gymnastics – to be determined
- Roller Hockey – March 20
- Swim and Dive – April 24
* Gymnastics and badminton dates are still under review.
An update is planned for mid-April to address the status of the State / Regional / CIF Section Championships for Season 2 sports.
I like loading …
Sport News Highlights
- According to the source San Diego CIF chapter cancels playoffs and championships for most season 1 sports – California High School Sports News, Scores, rankings
- Check all news and articles from the Sports news updates.