Rumor Roundup: WWE COVID outbreak, Riddle’s contract, NXT injury, more!
Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Wrestling Observer Radio’s Dave Meltzer said that despite what Drew McIntyre said on Raw about having no symptoms of COVID-19, he’s actually had mild symptoms.
- Meltzer is aware of at least four WWE wrestlers who have or had COVID as part of the current outbreak: McIntyre, a SmackDown star, an NXT star, and a “big star” who just returned from COVID. At least one of these four wrestlers is a woman, and McIntyre is the only one from Raw.
- Fightful says there are many frustrated people at the WWE Performance Center right now due to inadequate COVID protocols, such as only being tested once per week.
- F4WOnline’s Bryan Alvarez mentioned that he doesn’t think Riddle has signed a new contract with WWE yet.
- In an interview with talkSPORT’s Alex McCarthy, NXT wrestler Ridge Holland said that he’s hoping to return from his devastating leg injuries in about six to nine months.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.