Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE planned to not feature Sasha Banks for a while after WrestleMania, according to Ringside News. Their source says it’s “to let [Bianca] Belair and Bayley have the spotlight” and so “when Sasha attacks Belair, it’ll mean something.”
- Adam Pearce has been promoted to Director of Live Events, per PW Insider. Historically, this has been one of Michael Hayes responsibilities. Hayes has been more involved in producing matches, specifically for Roman Reigns. Pearce will continue to produce matches, and along with Jason Jordan oversee the other producers.
- This is seen as another sign WWE is inching closer to touring again.
- Insider also reported that Road Dogg was at the Capitol Wrestling Center working on this week’s NXT. It was his first time back since being hospitalized after a cardiac incident in March.
- W. Morrissey, formerly known as Big Cass, has signed with Impact “for the foreseeable future”, according to Fightful Select.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.