GREELEY, Colo. – Northern Colorado men’s basketball concludes a furry of five games in 10 days stretch when they face Utah State on Friday night. The Bears and Aggies are set to tip-off at 7 pm in Logan, Utah.
– Northern Colorado bounced back with an 83-75 win over Denver on Wednesday to improve to 3-1 on the season.
– UNC outscored DU 59-34 in the final 10 minutes of each half, becoming the difference of the game.
– Bodie Hume, Daylen Kountz and Matt Johnson II combined for 68 points for the Bears against Denver. All three scored 20-plus points.
– Daylen Kountz scored a career-best 26 points in the win. He was an impressive 12-for-14 from the charity stripe and grabbed six rebounds.
– Bodie Hume finished a rebound shy of his third double-double of the year with 21 points and nine points. He also blocked three shots.
– Matt Johnson II matched his career-high scoring with 21 points in the win. He was a perfect 3-for-3 behind the arc and 6-for-6 at the free throw line.
– Freshman Jamel Melvin had an impressive night playing a career-high 22 minutes off the bench. He scored four points all from the line, grabbed four rebounds and blocked a pair of shots.
– Friday night’s game was not officially added to UNC and USU’s schedule until Tuesday night.
– Utah State has been off since December 8 due to cancellations from COVID-19 protocols.
– This is the first time Northern Colorado and Utah State have met since 1950.
Scouting the Aggies
Utah State comes into Friday with a 2-3 record and coming off a break of 10 days due to games being canceled due to COVID. The Aggies won the Mountain West auto bid to the NCAA before the season was cut short.
The Aggies have a balanced offense with four players averaged 12.0 points per game and no more than 14.0. Neemias Queta leds the team at 14.0 ppg.
It’s Big Sky season starting next week for the Bears! UNC will host Idaho State on December 22 and 23 to start the conference season. Tipoff is set for 2 pm both days.