BLOOMFIELD, Conn. — The Hartford women’s golf team closed its spring regular season with a third-place finish at the Hartford/Gillette Invitational, held at the Gillette Ridge Golf Club. Senior Brooke MacKinnon led the field, taking home first place honors for the first time in her collegiate career.
- Boston University took home the win with a team score of 312 (+24), edging St. John’s (324; +36) by 12 strokes
- Hartford placed in third with a team score of 332 (+44)
- MacKinnon carded a 73 (+1) to take home first-place honors
- It marked MacKinnon’s first collegiate event win
- The win was Hartford’s first individual win since senior Maria Loza was crowned the 2019 MAAC Tournament champion
- Loza shot 81 (+9) to earn a ninth-place finish
- Loza has placed within the top-10 at five events this spring
- Sophomore Hannah Drew rounded out Hartford’s top-20 finishers, tying for 19th
- She carded an 87 (+15) at the event for the day
NEXT ON TAP
The Hawks will be back in action on Friday, April 23, when they open competition at the MAAC Championship, held at the Disney Magnolia Course in Orlando, Fla.