Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE programming for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the breaking news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- Drew McIntyre and Goldberg had a stare down and laid out The Miz and John Morrison together.
- Charlotte Flair beat Shayna Baszler by DQ after Nia Jax interfered. This led to a six-woman tag team match where Flair, Mandy Rose and Dana Brooke beat Baszler, Jax and Lacey Evans by count out. Then, the match was restarted another time and Jax pinned Brooke to get the win for her team.
- Xavier Woods defeated Slapjack by pinfall. RETRIBUTION beat down Woods after the match and Mustafa Ali announced he’ll be in the Royal Rumble.
- R-Truth thought The Hurt Business was throwing him a belated surprise party for his birthday, but it was a VIP Lounge where they presented MVP with a gold chain. Some wrestlers came out to try to win the 24/7 title and in the confusion, Matt Riddle struck MVP with a high knee.
- R-Truth wanted to prove himself worthy of entering the Royal Rumble (or as he called it, the Money in the Bank ladder match) and AJ Styles offered, once more, to wrestle him like he’s done recently with others. Styles beat Truth by submission.
- Sheamus defeated John Morrison by pinfall. The Miz challenged The Celtic Warrior to a follow-up handicap match. Sheamus lost.
- Riddle ran the gauntlet and beat all three other members of The Hurt Business to earn a shot at Bobby Lashley’s United States Championship. Lashley attacked him after the match.
- Asuka vs Alexa Bliss for the Raw Women’s Championship ended with Randy Orton giving Bliss an RKO and the show fading to black.
- Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic Round 2 Match: MSK defeated Drake Maverick and Killian Dain by pinfall.
- Women’s Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic Round 1 Match: Dakota Kai and Raquel Gonzalez defeated Aliyah and Jessi Kamea by pinfall.
- Tyler Rust defeated a jobber by submission.
- Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic Round 2 Match: Grizzled Young Veterans defeated Kushida and Leon Ruff by pinfall.
- Curt Stallion was attacked backstage, which has prevented his scheduled Cruiserweight Championship match from happening. It will happen next week, or Legado Del Fantasma will suffer the consequences, according to William Regal. However, it’s implied Karrion Kross might have been the one to attack Stallion instead, as a means to mess with Santos Escobar.
- Toni Storm cut a promo about how she wants a shot at Io Shirai’s title. Shirai came out and said she’s already made it clear she doesn’t like her and will fight her. They came to blows. Mercedes Martinez then attacked Shirai, too, and held up the NXT Women’s Championship. Storm grabbed it from her and all three started fighting each other. Storm was standing tall at the end of the brawl.
- Bronson Reed defeated Isaiah “Swerve” Scott by pinfall.
- Finn Balor and Kyle O’Reilly defeated Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch by submission.
- Elias and Jaxson Ryker defeated Jeff Hardy and Ricochet
- Angel Garza defeated Humberto Carrillo
- The show started with Trent Seven saying he’ll cut weight to get down to the cruiserweight division and fight Jordan Devlin.
- Meiko Satomura is coming to NXT UK’s women’s division.
- Ben Carter defeated Sam Gradwell by pinfall.
- Sha Samuels defeated Josh Morrell by submission.
- Pretty Deadly won the Fatal 4-Way No. 1 contender’s match to earn a shot at Gallus for the NXT UK Tag Team Championship.
FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- Bianca Belair defeated Bayley by pinfall.
- King Corbin defeated Dominik Mysterio by pinfall.
- AJ Styles vs Daniel Bryan ended in a disqualification fight that led to a six-man tag team match (Styles, Cesaro and Sami Zayn vs Bryan, Big E and Shinsuke Nakamura) which was also thrown out with a disqualification after The Miz and John Morrison attacked the babyfaces. Then, Otis came out to fight them. That set up another match. Sheamus joined the 10-man tag. That was won by the babyfaces. Then, more brawling took place. THEN, Braun Strowman took out a bunch of people to end the night.
- Ariya Daivari defeated August Grey and Jake Atlas by pinfall.
- Women’s Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic Tournament First-Round Match: Ember Moon and Shotzi Blackheart defeated Marina Shafir and Zoey Stark by submission.
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!