Here is a fast wrap-up of the events in the cricketing world today.
Here are the titbits of news that matter in the cricketing world today.
1. Reports: Pakistan to play their league games of T20 World Cup 2021 in Kolkata
The 2021 T20 World Cup will be played in India in the months of October and November this year. And, news has come in that the Pakistan cricket team will play all their league matches in Kolkata.
2. Nothing to do with ego’ – Sanju Samson on refusing single to Chris Morris in RR vs PBKS clash
Sanju Samson refused to take a single and give the strike to Chris Morris off the penultimate ball of Rajasthan Royals’ first match against the Punjab Kings. In the second match, Morris played the role of finisher to perfection and slammed an 18-ball 36* to power his side to victory. And now, Rajasthan skipper Sanju Samson has opened up on his decision to refuse the single.
3. Babar Azam has the desire and hunger to score runs: Younis Khan
Babar Azam is currently the No.1 ranked ODI batsman in the world. And, Pakistan batting legend Younis Khan has heaped praise on Azam and has lauded his desire to score runs.
4. ‘Wanted to give him a fair chance’ – Dinesh Karthik on handing KKR’s leadership mantle to Eoin Morgan
Dinesh Karthik stepped down as the captain of the Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) side in the middle of the 2020 edition of the IPL that was held in the UAE. Karthik has now revealed the reason behind his actions.
5. IPL 2021: Brian Lara backs RCB’s Devdutt Padikkal to score big in the tournament
West Indian batting legend Brian Lara has stated that Devdutt Padikkal is a great talent. Lara also added that he wants Padikkal to win a few Player of the Match awards as well.
6. IPL 2021: Virat Kohli cheerfully applauds as Glenn Maxwell brings up his half-century
Glenn Maxwell decimated the KKR bowling attack and scored a breath-taking 78 off just 49 deliveries. And, RCB skipper Virat Kohli was seen cheering for his teammate from the dugout in a vociferous manner.
7. IPL 2021: Delhi Capitals head coach Ricky Ponting motivates the team after a close loss to Rajasthan Royals
The Delhi Capitals (DC) went down to the Rajasthan Royals (RR) side on 15th April 2021 in a closely fought clash. And, Delhi Capitals’ Head Coach Ricky Ponting has opined that there are so many positives to take away even though the Rishabh Pant led side ended up on the losing side.
8. IPL 2021: Sanjay Manjrekar feels SRH doesn’t deserve to win vs MI; discloses the reason
Cricketer turned commentator Sanjay Manjrekar has stated that the likes of Abhishek Sharma, Abdul Samad, and Virat Singh cannot be played in the same playing XI by the SRH side.