COLUMBUS, Ohio — The Ohio State women’s lacrosse team will host No. 9 Michigan in a Big Ten game at 1 p.m. Sunday inside Woody Hayes Athletic Center in Columbus. The game between the Buckeyes (0-1, 0-1 B1G) and Wolverines (0-0, 0-0 B1G) will be streamed through BTN Plus and live stats will be available.
Buckeye Notes to Know
- The Buckeyes opened the season with a 23-7 loss to No. 5 Northwestern last Sunday on the road.
- Ohio State was 5-4 last season and had not yet started Big Ten play when the remainder of the campaign was canceled because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Five new Buckeyes saw their first action in the Scarlet and Gray last week – graduate transfers MK Bonanni and Kelsey Reed, junior transfer Jamie Level and freshmen Regan Alexander and Jamie Lasda. Level scored a goal in the game.
- Sophomore Ashley Turner, who had 10 goals as a freshman last year, and senior Lindsay Epstein also scored vs. Northwestern. Epstein had 12 goals in 2018 and 11 in 2019 before missing 2020 because of injury.
- Jillian Rizzo, the Buckeyes’ all-time saves leader (663) started the season opener and has started 58 of 59 games over her Buckeye career. She is first among active NCAA goalies with 11.15 saves per game and second nationally among active players with 3.08 groundballs per game over her career.
- The game Sunday will be inside Woody Hayes Athletic Center. The Buckeyes played their four home games in the shortened 2020 season inside WHAC, going 4-0 with wins over Duquesne, Robert Morris, Kent State and Cincinnati.
Hernandez Hits 100
- Liza Hernandez, a graduate student this year, scored the 100th goal of her Buckeye career at Northwestern last Sunday.
- Hernandez ended the day with four goals vs. the Wildcats and now has 103 in the Scarlet and Gray.
- In her 45 games as a Buckeye, Hernandez has notched 150 points. She is 12 points shy of tying Cian Dabrowski for 10th in program history in points.
- Hernandez’ 47 assists are three back of tying for eighth all-time among Buckeyes.
Buckeyes vs. Wolverines
- The Buckeyes lead the all-times series with Michigan, 4-3.
- The last game between the teams was a 15-10 Wolverine win March 21, 2019 in Columbus.
- The Wolverines were 5-1 in 2020 and had not yet started conference play when the remainder of the season was canceled.
- Ohio State will travel to New Jersey for games vs. Rutgers Feb. 26 and Feb. 28.
- The Buckeyes’ next home games are slated for March 5 and 7 against Johns Hopkins.