Anjum Chopra is known as the torchbearer of the Indian Women’s cricket team, Anjum Chopra is an incredible contributor to the cricket world. Anjum fell in love with the game of cricket at a very early age and was already playing in the inter-college team. This led to the admittance to the Delhi U-15 team. She was India’s primer batswomen and was given a chance to play against the Zealand Women’s cricket team at the age of 17 in 1995. Anjum maintained her spot in the cricket world for over a decade and was successful over the South African team and also the England team in 2002. Under her leadership as the captain, the team was able to reach the semi-finals of the World Cup in 2005. Anjum has also represented India in 100 ODIS which is very incredible in itself.
After retiring from cricket, Anjum decided to complete her MBA from FORE Delhi and then became a motivational speaker conducting events with gigantic companies like Vodafone, Goldman Sachs, and Standard Charted Bank. Anjum later married a Delhi based IAS officer and has also contributed her time being a cricket commentator. Not just this, Anjum also spends her time on the Golf course enjoying the sport, as well as movies, which are her favourite time pass.
Anjum Chopra IPL Commentators – LIST
World Feed: Harsha Bhogle, Simon Doull, Ian Bishop, Michael Slater, Danny Morrison, Deep Dasgupta, Rohan Gavaskar, Pommie Mbangwa, Darren Ganga, L Sivaramakrishnan, Murali Kartik, Sunil Gavaskar, Kevin Pietersen, Anjum Chopra, Lisa Sthalekar, Mark Nicholas, Kumar Sangakkara and JP Duminy.
Hindi panel of commentators: Aakash Chopra, Irfan Pathan, Gautam Gambhir, Ashish Nehra, Nikhil Chopra, Sandeep Patil, Sanjay Bangar, Ajit Agarkar and Kiran More.
Presenters: Suren Sundaram, Kira Narayanan, Suhail Chandok, Nashpreet Kaur, Sanjana Ganesan, Jatin Sapru, Tanya Purohit, Anant Tyagi, Dheeraj Juneja and Neroli Meadows.
Name: Anjum Chopra
Role: Former cricketer, captain of women’s cricket team
Height (approx.): in feet 5’4
Weight (approx.): in kg 58 kg
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Date of Birth: 20 May 1977
Anjum Chopra Age: 42
Birth Place: India
Zodiac sign: Taurus
School: Delhi Public School, R.K. Puram
College: St. Stephen’s College, Delhi University and FORE School of Management
Educational Qualifications: MBA in Human Resource & Marketing
Father: Krishan Bal Chopra
Mother: Poonam Chopra
Brother: Nirav Chopra
Coach/Mentor: Sudha Shah, Tarak Sinha, Hardeep Dua, and Sunita Sharma
Hobbies: Playing Cricket & Golf, Watching Movies
Favourite Cricketers: Sachin Tendulkar
Favourite Sportspersons: Sachin Tendulkar
Favourite Food: authentic Indian
Favourite Actors: Madhuri Dixit
Some lesser-known shocking facts about Anjum Chopra
- First female Indian cricketer who has entered the hundred score bar.
- Anjum has addressed India in 4 World Cups. Just Charlotte Edwards of England and Karon Rolton of Australia are the solitary two other female players who have played that numerous World Cups for their nations.
- She faced some serious consequences as well after she was roped in by South African cricket. The executive’s board of trustees preceding the World Cup in India in a warning job.
- Titled as the ‘Goodwill Ambassador’ in South Africa Anjum has been praised to talk about the ‘Breast Cancer’ issue for ladies.
- She has also co-authored the book ‘Women’s Cricket World – A Journey from 1745-2013 which is very inspiring.
- She has likewise acted in a docudrama named Helpless Cousins of Million Dollar Babies.
Anjum Chopra Husband and Children
Marital Status: Married
Anjum Chopra Husband: Name unknown
Marriage Date: Unknown
Awards and recognitions
- Anjum has always been among the top women of the country and has won some very remarkable awards which include Padma Shri in 2014 and Arjuna Award in 2007.
- She has been the ICC Player of the Match, for 3 years in 2000, 2005, 2009.
- Anjum has also won some astonishing awards in the field of women’s development as well such as Zee Astitva Award – Award for Exemplary Women in 2008 and FICCI – YFLO – Young Women Achievers Award in 2009