TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – The Alabama women’s tennis team signed Loudmilla Bencheikh, Crimson Tide head coach Jenny Mainz announced this week. Bencheikh, a native of Paris, France, has joined Alabama for the spring semester.
HEAD COACH JENNY MAINZ SAID
“We are very much looking forward to Loudmilla joining our Alabama tennis family. She will undoubtedly make an immediate impact for the Crimson Tide.”
5-7, Angresse, France/CNED Rennes
Bencheikh’s “Why Alabama?”
“The coaches gave me the confidence that I can continue to improve as a player. I believe playing for a top NCAA Division I team will provide me with great match play experience. I am thrilled and can’t wait to step on campus and be a part of the Alabama women’s tennis team.”
Assistant Coach Jonatan Berhane on Bencheikh
“We are delighted to add Loudmilla to our Alabama tennis family. She is highly motivated and aspires to be the best she can be on and off the court. She thrives on competition and will flourish in our championship environment. We’re looking forward to working hard with Loudmilla to help her achieve her goals and continue elevating Alabama tennis.”
- Reached the semifinal of the Junior French Open at Roland Garros and the Junior Australian Open in doubles
- Has won multiple Grade 2 ITF Tournaments in both singles and doubles
- Reached the semifinal of European Championships in Klosters Singles
- Ranked 34th in the ITF Juniors and 503rd in the WTA singles rankings
- Reached 501st in the WTA rankings
- Ranked 19th in the French Women Open Rankings
- Daughter of Nathalie and Karim Bencheikh
Get all the latest information on Alabama women’s tennis by following AlabamaWTN on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. General athletic news can also be found at UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram and AlabamaAthletics on Facebook.