KANSAS CITY, Mo. – For the second week in a row, Keiser (Fla.) owns the No. 1 ranking in the NAIA Women’s Golf Coaches’ Top 25 Poll, the national office announced Friday. The Seahawks captured 17 first-place votes for a total of 528 points. Rounding out the top five this week was Dalton State (Ga.) in second claiming two first-place votes, William Carey (Miss.), Southeastern (Fla.) and Taylor (Ind.).
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
- Each conference is given one rater for every four schools in the league.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 25 points for each first-place vote, 24 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.
- For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
2020-21 NAIA Women’s Golf Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – Poll 2 (March 12, 2021)
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [1ST PLACE VOTES]||FINAL POINTS|
|1||1||Keiser (Fla.) ||528|
|2||2||Dalton State (Ga.) ||513|
|3||3||William Carey (Miss.)||493|
|7||7||SCAD Savannah (Ga.)||418|
|20||18||University of Northwestern Ohio||206|
|22||21||William Woods (Mo.)||177|
|24||23||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||144|
|25||24||William Penn (Iowa)||111|
Dropped Out: Midway (Ky.)
Receiving Votes: Wayland Baptist (Texas) 96, Truett-McConnell (Ga.) 84, Bellevue (Neb.) 44, Midway (Ky.) 40, Saint Francis (Ind.) 37, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.) 94, Cumberland (Tenn.) 28, Brenau (Ga.) 22, Kansas Wesleyan 16, Columbia (Mo.) 16, Indiana Tech 9, USC Beaufort (S.C.) 8, Rocky Mountain (Mont.) 5, Lewis-Clark State (Idaho) 3